Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU) has denied receiving the ₦50 billion revitalisation fund the Federal Government (FGN) recently claimed to have released, insisting that none of its key demands has been met ahead of its National Executive Council (NEC) meeting scheduled for November 8–9, 2025.
In a statement signed by Prof. Jurbe Molwus, ASUU said it suspended its two-week warning strike in good faith, expecting the payment of withheld salaries, wage award arrears, promotion arrears, and unpaid entitlements. However, the union said the government has only issued press statements rather than actual payments. Molwus described the Education Minister Dr. Tunji Alausa’s claim that ₦2.3 billion had been released to clear salary and promotion arrears as “fiction,” arguing that such an amount could not cover even three major universities.
ASUU accused the government of insincerity and warned that it may resume its suspended strike if the FGN fails to meet its demands by November 21, 2025, when its four-week ultimatum expires


Leave a Reply